News/ Reviews/ Links/ Archives/ Forum/ bringbackvinyl: a refuge for music snobs

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Best Of The Year - Part 7

Derek Turner is a student/writer/music critic from Saskatoon, SK and the co-creator of Bring Back Vinyl. He also found a Further Seems Forever shirt at Value Village for 99 cents once. I kid you not.

"My Top 10 takes two stages. I didn't take the time to investigate all the music I wanted to, so I have left a spot open on my Top 10 to reflect this incompleteness. There are many different albums that I need to listen to in order to complete the list, so here are the albums that I think could have made it into my Top 10, had I listened to them more intently, followed by my Top 10 for the year as they stand now." - Derek

Audioslave - Out of Exile
Copeland - In Motion
David Crowder Band - A Collision
Deepspace5 - Unique Just Like Everyone Else
Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
Mae - The Everglow
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Thrice - Vheissu

TOP 10 albums of 2005 (in alphabetical order)
As Cities Burn - Son I Loved You At Your Darkest
Blindside - The Great Depression
Coldplay - X&Y
Demon Hunter - The Triptych
Emery - The Question
Moby - Hotel
Neverending White Lights - Act I: Goodbye Friends of the Heavenly Bodies
Project 86 - ...And The Rest Will Follow
Switchfoot - Nothing Is Sound
_______________________

5:24 AM *


<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Reflections:

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home

-->